61 Lessons from Becoming by Michelle Obama
After reading Becoming by Michelle Obama, I had a deep seated revelation of what it means to say your story, own your story and hold your narrative. It gives a kind of confidence and inspires you to do more.
When I heard that the documentary of Becoming by Michelle Obama would be out on Netflix, I was so excited. Never been that happy about a movie.
It wasn’t disappointing to watch. Rather, I saw a rounding up to 60 woman getting millions empowered by her voice and her story. It was amazing.
If you haven’t had the chance to watch it or you have, this is a compilation of 61 lessons I took out from the documentary.
1. Have a source of inspiration.
2. Stand for your Faith.
3. Build reliable relationships.
4. You don't have to keep together.
5. Live for people.
6. Let people who work with you feel comfortable.
7. Have fun.
8. Own your story.
9. Be Friendly.
10. Support people with word and countenance.
11. Take people as they come up.
12. Pay attention to people and value them.
13. You keep giving life at each stage.
14. Never let anyone make you feel you think too big.Think Big.
15. Never feel invisible,feel invisible.
16. Do not wait for the world to be equal before you learn to use your voice.
17. Don't let the world tell you that you ain't good enough.
18. Defy the odds.
19. Don't listen to those who say you don't belong.
20. Instead of “why me?” think “why not me?”
21. What seems ordinary - your highs and your lows is your power
22 You can meet your partner anywhere
23. Don't judge people by what they have
24. Don't follow stereotypes.
25. Challenge your partner and friends to be more
26. Surprise your partners often.
27. Your relationship is your partnership
28. Something has to give
29. Your happiness is not dependent on your partner making you happy.
30. Let your love be real
31. Talk about your love when you feel like
32. No matter what, people would still talk
33. Have somewhere you can call home
34. Make people feel loved
35. Never give up at the least.
36. Cherish the times you spend with people.
37. What makes you more than a stat is what you see yourself to be, see yourself as more than a stat.
38. Assert yourself until those insecurities become silent voices.
39. Shake up yesterday's mistake. It is a new day.
40.Take enough videos.
41. Try to make your children comfortable.
42. No matter the limelight, train your children to do basic things.
43. Turn fashion to a tool
44. Don't let your times shape who you would be.
45. God gives you platforms for a reason. Don't waste it.
47. Words matter
48. The higher you go, the higher you become
49. Find your life.
50. Keep doing what you are doing.
51. As you grow older, you keep asking questions about purpose and what next
52. Take care of you.
53. You have a new chapter at very phase before you.
54. Dress your poise and be comfortable in it
55. Talk to people and make them hopeful.
56. Sharing your stories breaks barriers.
57. Dare to be vulnerable.
58. Be hopeful
59. Respect people and they'd do the same
60. Leave a legacy for people.
61. Be unafraid to live openly and joyfully